Fleming Responds to Court Decision Gutting First Amendment Rights
October 19, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Fleming released the following statement after the 9th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals upheld California’s “Reproductive FACT Act” forcing pro-life pregnancy resource cent...Read More
Minden Press Herald | Rep Fleming: What Patient-Centered Health Care Would Look Like
October 18, 2016
We’ve heard it called “the craziest thing in the world.” That’s not a compliment, that’s a straight-up, honest opinion on Obamacare freely uttered by former Democrat President Bill Clinton. Obamacare,...Read More
Fleming: National Guard to Hold Important Town Hall Update on Camp Minden
October 12, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Fleming released the following statement following the recent explosion at Camp Minden. “I encourage concerned citizens to attend the latest public town hall meeting on ...Read More
The Jerusalem Post | Fleming: Our Historic Bond
October 10, 2016
Shimon Peres was laid to rest in Jerusalem recently as dozens of world leaders, international dignitaries, and national figures, including Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, paid respect to the form...Read More
Contradictory Messages from the Obama Administration on Tax Increases:"You don't raise taxes in a recession.”
President Obama - August 5, 2009
“We have a Democratic president and administration that is prepared to sign a tough package that includes…a revenue component.”
President Obama - July 19, 2011
Former Obama Economic Guru admits Negative Effect of Tax Increases.
- In a study authored by Christina Roemer, Former Chair of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, found that even a tax increase of just 1% on the economy, would conversely have almost double a negative effect on the economy.
- If taxes went up just 1% - 1.84% would be taken out of the economy – hurting job growth and economic activity.
- To view the study – click HERE
Budget Growth at a Glance
- This chart is good summation of our fiscal picture.
- Note the size of the two pies, Income vs. Expenses.
- The Obama anemic economy and high unemployment has resulted in $250B in less revenue since 2008.
- Growth in the economy alone will not balance the budget-spending cuts are a must.
- Entitlement programs–58% of the budget–is the fastest growing segment of our budget, rising 27% in just two years.
- ObamaCare is a new entitlement program that has yet to be costed into this chart.
- CBO says interest payments on debt will grow to $1 trillion in just 10 years.
- Spending cuts outside of Entitlement programs won’t be enough to balance the budget.