Fleming Sends Letter to Speaker Boehner Demanding Vote to Defund Planned Parenthood
July 24, 2015
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after sending a letter to Speaker John Boehner requesting the House consider legislation to defund Planned Parenthood ...Read More
Fleming Co-Sponsors Pro-Israel Legislation
July 16, 2015
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after co-sponsoring H. Con. Res 62, a resolution expressing Congressional support that the American embassy should be ...Read More
Fleming Reacts to Iran Nuclear Deal
July 14, 2015
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after the U.S. agreed to a nuclear agreement with Iran: “Today the Administration announced a nuclear deal with Iran, ...Read More
Fleming: We Must Stop Taxpayer Funded Abortions
July 14, 2015
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after watching undercover footage that showed the Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s (PPFA) senior director of...Read More
Contradictory Messages from the Obama Administration on Tax Increases:"You don't raise taxes in a recession.”
President Obama - August 5, 2009
“We have a Democratic president and administration that is prepared to sign a tough package that includes…a revenue component.”
President Obama - July 19, 2011
Former Obama Economic Guru admits Negative Effect of Tax Increases.
- In a study authored by Christina Roemer, Former Chair of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, found that even a tax increase of just 1% on the economy, would conversely have almost double a negative effect on the economy.
- If taxes went up just 1% - 1.84% would be taken out of the economy – hurting job growth and economic activity.
- To view the study – click HERE
Budget Growth at a Glance
- This chart is good summation of our fiscal picture.
- Note the size of the two pies, Income vs. Expenses.
- The Obama anemic economy and high unemployment has resulted in $250B in less revenue since 2008.
- Growth in the economy alone will not balance the budget-spending cuts are a must.
- Entitlement programs–58% of the budget–is the fastest growing segment of our budget, rising 27% in just two years.
- ObamaCare is a new entitlement program that has yet to be costed into this chart.
- CBO says interest payments on debt will grow to $1 trillion in just 10 years.
- Spending cuts outside of Entitlement programs won’t be enough to balance the budget.