House Passes Fleming Pro-Life Bill
July 13, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after the House passed the Conscience Protection Act, legislation he introduced and worked on since 2011. “Passage of ...Read More
Fleming Introduces Resolution to Impeach IRS Commissioner
July 13, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after introducing a resolution to impeach IRS Commissioner John Koskinen. “Americans are sick and tired of the lack of...Read More
House to Vote on Fleming Conscience Protection Legislation
July 11, 2016
“I anticipate that H.R. 4828 will come to the floor this week using a Senate bill as its vehicle so that the Senate can give it its quick attention. My bill has 85 co-sponsors and I have introduced th...Read More
Fleming Responds to Dallas Police Tragedy
July 8, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after five police officers were killed in a protest in Dallas last night and seven others injured. “The ambush of poli...Read More
Contradictory Messages from the Obama Administration on Tax Increases:"You don't raise taxes in a recession.”
President Obama - August 5, 2009
“We have a Democratic president and administration that is prepared to sign a tough package that includes…a revenue component.”
President Obama - July 19, 2011
Former Obama Economic Guru admits Negative Effect of Tax Increases.
- In a study authored by Christina Roemer, Former Chair of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, found that even a tax increase of just 1% on the economy, would conversely have almost double a negative effect on the economy.
- If taxes went up just 1% - 1.84% would be taken out of the economy – hurting job growth and economic activity.
- To view the study – click HERE
Budget Growth at a Glance
- This chart is good summation of our fiscal picture.
- Note the size of the two pies, Income vs. Expenses.
- The Obama anemic economy and high unemployment has resulted in $250B in less revenue since 2008.
- Growth in the economy alone will not balance the budget-spending cuts are a must.
- Entitlement programs–58% of the budget–is the fastest growing segment of our budget, rising 27% in just two years.
- ObamaCare is a new entitlement program that has yet to be costed into this chart.
- CBO says interest payments on debt will grow to $1 trillion in just 10 years.
- Spending cuts outside of Entitlement programs won’t be enough to balance the budget.