Fleming Supports Bill to Rein in Iran’s Terror Supporters
February 2, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after voting in support of H.R. 3662, the Iran Terror Finance Transparency Act, to prevent the President from offering...Read More
Fleming Votes to Override President’s Veto
February 2, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after voting to override the President’s veto of H.R. 3762, the Restoring American’s Healthcare Freedom Reconciliation...Read More
Fleming: President Obama Misled Congress, Public On Debt Limit Crisis
February 1, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after learning from a Financial Services Committee report that the Obama Administration and Treasury Department conduc...Read More
Fleming Honors Martin Luther King, Jr.
January 18, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: "Martin Luther King Jr once famously said, 'Our lives begin to end the day w...Read More
Contradictory Messages from the Obama Administration on Tax Increases:"You don't raise taxes in a recession.”
President Obama - August 5, 2009
“We have a Democratic president and administration that is prepared to sign a tough package that includes…a revenue component.”
President Obama - July 19, 2011
Former Obama Economic Guru admits Negative Effect of Tax Increases.
- In a study authored by Christina Roemer, Former Chair of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, found that even a tax increase of just 1% on the economy, would conversely have almost double a negative effect on the economy.
- If taxes went up just 1% - 1.84% would be taken out of the economy – hurting job growth and economic activity.
- To view the study – click HERE
Budget Growth at a Glance
- This chart is good summation of our fiscal picture.
- Note the size of the two pies, Income vs. Expenses.
- The Obama anemic economy and high unemployment has resulted in $250B in less revenue since 2008.
- Growth in the economy alone will not balance the budget-spending cuts are a must.
- Entitlement programs–58% of the budget–is the fastest growing segment of our budget, rising 27% in just two years.
- ObamaCare is a new entitlement program that has yet to be costed into this chart.
- CBO says interest payments on debt will grow to $1 trillion in just 10 years.
- Spending cuts outside of Entitlement programs won’t be enough to balance the budget.