Fleming Supports Recovery Efforts in Louisiana
August 23, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after the President visited affected areas of Louisiana. “Our hearts and our prayers go out to those who have been dev...Read More
Minden Press Herald | Fleming: Supporting the Value of Life
August 19, 2016
The ability to affirm our nation’s traditional values is central to the First Amendment and America’s way of life. The inherent worth of an unborn child and the sacred religious traditions we practice...Read More
Fleming: Resources Available for Louisiana Flood Victims
August 18, 2016
Shreveport, LA. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following information for Louisiana flood victims following the devastating storm system that wreaked havoc across the southern part of the...Read More
Fleming: St. Landry and Evangeline Parishes Eligible for Federal Help for Flood Damage
August 16, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after a massive storm left eight people dead and 40,000 homes affected in Southern Louisiana. On August 14, 2016 the P...Read More
Contradictory Messages from the Obama Administration on Tax Increases:"You don't raise taxes in a recession.”
President Obama - August 5, 2009
“We have a Democratic president and administration that is prepared to sign a tough package that includes…a revenue component.”
President Obama - July 19, 2011
Former Obama Economic Guru admits Negative Effect of Tax Increases.
- In a study authored by Christina Roemer, Former Chair of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, found that even a tax increase of just 1% on the economy, would conversely have almost double a negative effect on the economy.
- If taxes went up just 1% - 1.84% would be taken out of the economy – hurting job growth and economic activity.
- To view the study – click HERE
Budget Growth at a Glance
- This chart is good summation of our fiscal picture.
- Note the size of the two pies, Income vs. Expenses.
- The Obama anemic economy and high unemployment has resulted in $250B in less revenue since 2008.
- Growth in the economy alone will not balance the budget-spending cuts are a must.
- Entitlement programs–58% of the budget–is the fastest growing segment of our budget, rising 27% in just two years.
- ObamaCare is a new entitlement program that has yet to be costed into this chart.
- CBO says interest payments on debt will grow to $1 trillion in just 10 years.
- Spending cuts outside of Entitlement programs won’t be enough to balance the budget.