Fleming on Obama’s Latest Claim
April 2, 2014
Congressman John Fleming, M.D., released the following statement about the Obamacare enrollment figures: “We’ve now seen the Obamacare formula for success: Cancel the policies of millions of Americans...Read More
Fleming on Obama’s Latest Military Cuts
February 24, 2014
Congressman John Fleming, M.D., released the following statement following the announcement of proposed cuts in defense spending by the Secretary of Defense: “Louisianians frequently ask me: ‘Why does...Read More
Fleming Applauds New Technology Center and New Jobs to Bossier City
February 18, 2014
Congressman John Fleming, M.D., released the following statement after speaking at a press conference today in Bossier City, where it was announced that the company CSC would establish a new technolog...Read More
Fleming on Obama’s Economic Failures
February 18, 2014
Congressman John Fleming, M.D., released the following statement following the 5-year anniversary of President Obama signing his stimulus bill into law: “It certainly didn’t take five years to find ou...Read More
Contradictory Messages from the Obama Administration on Tax Increases:"You don't raise taxes in a recession.”
President Obama - August 5, 2009
“We have a Democratic president and administration that is prepared to sign a tough package that includes…a revenue component.”
President Obama - July 19, 2011
Former Obama Economic Guru admits Negative Effect of Tax Increases.
- In a study authored by Christina Roemer, Former Chair of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, found that even a tax increase of just 1% on the economy, would conversely have almost double a negative effect on the economy.
- If taxes went up just 1% - 1.84% would be taken out of the economy – hurting job growth and economic activity.
- To view the study – click HERE
Budget Growth at a Glance
- This chart is good summation of our fiscal picture.
- Note the size of the two pies, Income vs. Expenses.
- The Obama anemic economy and high unemployment has resulted in $250B in less revenue since 2008.
- Growth in the economy alone will not balance the budget-spending cuts are a must.
- Entitlement programs–58% of the budget–is the fastest growing segment of our budget, rising 27% in just two years.
- ObamaCare is a new entitlement program that has yet to be costed into this chart.
- CBO says interest payments on debt will grow to $1 trillion in just 10 years.
- Spending cuts outside of Entitlement programs won’t be enough to balance the budget.