Fleming Reacts to State of the Union Speech
January 20, 2015
Congressman John Fleming, M.D., issued the following statement in response to President Obama’s State of the Union speech: “For six years this president has pushed failed and costly policies that seem...Read More
Fleming Votes No on Bill That Funds Amnesty and Obamacare
December 11, 2014
Congressman John Fleming, M.D., issued the following statement after voting against the $1.1 trillion spending measure that was on the House floor today: “Louisianians have been absolutely clear: they...Read More
Fort Polk Update
December 5, 2014
Fort Polk not in danger of closing, but base could face cutbacks By Jeff Matthews Stakeholders already are battling to spare Fort Polk from a personnel reduction that would hurt the economy. Now,at le...Read More
Fleming Wants Answers on California’s Forced Coverage for Abortion Services
November 26, 2014
Congressman John Fleming, M.D., issued the following statement about a letter he sent to Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Burwell regarding California’s insistence that all insurance plans u...Read More
Contradictory Messages from the Obama Administration on Tax Increases:"You don't raise taxes in a recession.”
President Obama - August 5, 2009
“We have a Democratic president and administration that is prepared to sign a tough package that includes…a revenue component.”
President Obama - July 19, 2011
Former Obama Economic Guru admits Negative Effect of Tax Increases.
- In a study authored by Christina Roemer, Former Chair of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, found that even a tax increase of just 1% on the economy, would conversely have almost double a negative effect on the economy.
- If taxes went up just 1% - 1.84% would be taken out of the economy – hurting job growth and economic activity.
- To view the study – click HERE
Budget Growth at a Glance
- This chart is good summation of our fiscal picture.
- Note the size of the two pies, Income vs. Expenses.
- The Obama anemic economy and high unemployment has resulted in $250B in less revenue since 2008.
- Growth in the economy alone will not balance the budget-spending cuts are a must.
- Entitlement programs–58% of the budget–is the fastest growing segment of our budget, rising 27% in just two years.
- ObamaCare is a new entitlement program that has yet to be costed into this chart.
- CBO says interest payments on debt will grow to $1 trillion in just 10 years.
- Spending cuts outside of Entitlement programs won’t be enough to balance the budget.