Fleming Blasts NDAA Amendment to Draft Our Daughters
April 28, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after the House Armed Services Committee considered an ill-conceived amendment to include women in the selective servi...Read More
The Daily Signal | Fleming: Obama’s Green Agenda Should Be Kept out of National Security
April 27, 2016
This week I will be offering an amendment to this year’s National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) to prevent scarce defense dollars from being squandered on President Obama’s executive orders regardi...Read More
Fleming Efforts Encouraged Committee to Reverse President's Troop Cuts
April 20, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after the Military Personnel Subcommittee, under the House Armed Services Committee, rejected the President’s proposed...Read More
The Hayride | Fleming: ‘Puerto Rico, Bailouts, and Backroom Deals’
April 19, 2016
We’ve seen this movie before: reckless government policies and irresponsible investments by big business bankers leading to bailout schemes before Congress. We went through this less than a decade ago...Read More
Contradictory Messages from the Obama Administration on Tax Increases:"You don't raise taxes in a recession.”
President Obama - August 5, 2009
“We have a Democratic president and administration that is prepared to sign a tough package that includes…a revenue component.”
President Obama - July 19, 2011
Former Obama Economic Guru admits Negative Effect of Tax Increases.
- In a study authored by Christina Roemer, Former Chair of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, found that even a tax increase of just 1% on the economy, would conversely have almost double a negative effect on the economy.
- If taxes went up just 1% - 1.84% would be taken out of the economy – hurting job growth and economic activity.
- To view the study – click HERE
Budget Growth at a Glance
- This chart is good summation of our fiscal picture.
- Note the size of the two pies, Income vs. Expenses.
- The Obama anemic economy and high unemployment has resulted in $250B in less revenue since 2008.
- Growth in the economy alone will not balance the budget-spending cuts are a must.
- Entitlement programs–58% of the budget–is the fastest growing segment of our budget, rising 27% in just two years.
- ObamaCare is a new entitlement program that has yet to be costed into this chart.
- CBO says interest payments on debt will grow to $1 trillion in just 10 years.
- Spending cuts outside of Entitlement programs won’t be enough to balance the budget.