Fleming Introducing Bill to Suspend IRS Authority to Audit
May 15, 2013
Congressman John Fleming, M.D., released the following statement to announce that he will introduce legislation this week entitled “Audit the IRS,” a bill that would suspend the authority of the Inter...Read More
Fleming: We just might be witnessing the most corrupt administration in a generation.
May 14, 2013
Congressman John Fleming, M.D., released the following statement about the scandals involving Benghazi, the IRS, and the Department of Justice: “Maybe no one is safe. Four diplomatic lives are lost in...Read More
Fleming and Scalise Raise Religious Freedom Concerns with Defense Secretary Hagel
May 13, 2013
Congressman John Fleming, M.D., and Republican Study Committee Chairman Steve Scalise have sent a letter to Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel expressing their concerns and raising questions about a meetin...Read More
Fleming on Gosnell Abortion Verdict
May 13, 2013
Congressman John Fleming, M.D., released the following statement about the conviction of late-term abortionist Kermit Gosnell: “About one-million babies are aborted each year in the United States. Tod...Read More
Contradictory Messages from the Obama Administration on Tax Increases:"You don't raise taxes in a recession.”
President Obama - August 5, 2009
“We have a Democratic president and administration that is prepared to sign a tough package that includes…a revenue component.”
President Obama - July 19, 2011
Former Obama Economic Guru admits Negative Effect of Tax Increases.
- In a study authored by Christina Roemer, Former Chair of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, found that even a tax increase of just 1% on the economy, would conversely have almost double a negative effect on the economy.
- If taxes went up just 1% - 1.84% would be taken out of the economy – hurting job growth and economic activity.
- To view the study – click HERE
Budget Growth at a Glance
- This chart is good summation of our fiscal picture.
- Note the size of the two pies, Income vs. Expenses.
- The Obama anemic economy and high unemployment has resulted in $250B in less revenue since 2008.
- Growth in the economy alone will not balance the budget-spending cuts are a must.
- Entitlement programs–58% of the budget–is the fastest growing segment of our budget, rising 27% in just two years.
- ObamaCare is a new entitlement program that has yet to be costed into this chart.
- CBO says interest payments on debt will grow to $1 trillion in just 10 years.
- Spending cuts outside of Entitlement programs won’t be enough to balance the budget.