Fleming Responds to Brexit
June 24, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after the UK voted in a referendum to leave the European Union. “The British people sent a clear message that they are...Read More
Fleming Receives Club for Growth’s “Defender of Economic Freedom” Award
June 23, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after the Club for Growth presented him with the “Defender of Economic Freedom” Award for his voting record on economi...Read More
Fleming Praises Supreme Court Decision Striking Down Obama’s Illegal Amnesty
June 23, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after the Supreme Court upheld a Texas Court’s decision stating that the President’s executive action on illegal immig...Read More
Fleming Responds to Court’s Decision on Fracking
June 22, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after a federal judge ruled that the U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) does not have authority to regulate fracking...Read More
Contradictory Messages from the Obama Administration on Tax Increases:"You don't raise taxes in a recession.”
President Obama - August 5, 2009
“We have a Democratic president and administration that is prepared to sign a tough package that includes…a revenue component.”
President Obama - July 19, 2011
Former Obama Economic Guru admits Negative Effect of Tax Increases.
- In a study authored by Christina Roemer, Former Chair of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, found that even a tax increase of just 1% on the economy, would conversely have almost double a negative effect on the economy.
- If taxes went up just 1% - 1.84% would be taken out of the economy – hurting job growth and economic activity.
- To view the study – click HERE
Budget Growth at a Glance
- This chart is good summation of our fiscal picture.
- Note the size of the two pies, Income vs. Expenses.
- The Obama anemic economy and high unemployment has resulted in $250B in less revenue since 2008.
- Growth in the economy alone will not balance the budget-spending cuts are a must.
- Entitlement programs–58% of the budget–is the fastest growing segment of our budget, rising 27% in just two years.
- ObamaCare is a new entitlement program that has yet to be costed into this chart.
- CBO says interest payments on debt will grow to $1 trillion in just 10 years.
- Spending cuts outside of Entitlement programs won’t be enough to balance the budget.