Fleming: EPA Holding Up Cleanup at Minden
May 21, 2015
Washington, DC – Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after learning that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) asked for additional oversight costs, estimated to be $8 ...Read More
Fleming Votes for Defense Authorization Act
May 15, 2015
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after voting in favor H.R. 1735, the National Defense Authorization (NDAA) Act for Fiscal Year 2016. "This NDAA provid...Read More
Export-Import Bank shouldn't be renewed by Congress: Rep. John Fleming
May 14, 2015
Next month Congress has a choice to reauthorize the Export-Import Bank, or let it expire. Supporters of the bank claim it is necessary to ensure American companies have access to the financing they ne...Read More
Fleming Votes Against Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act
May 14, 2015
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after voting against the Senate-passed Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act: “With or without the passage of this legisla...Read More
Contradictory Messages from the Obama Administration on Tax Increases:"You don't raise taxes in a recession.”
President Obama - August 5, 2009
“We have a Democratic president and administration that is prepared to sign a tough package that includes…a revenue component.”
President Obama - July 19, 2011
Former Obama Economic Guru admits Negative Effect of Tax Increases.
- In a study authored by Christina Roemer, Former Chair of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, found that even a tax increase of just 1% on the economy, would conversely have almost double a negative effect on the economy.
- If taxes went up just 1% - 1.84% would be taken out of the economy – hurting job growth and economic activity.
- To view the study – click HERE
Budget Growth at a Glance
- This chart is good summation of our fiscal picture.
- Note the size of the two pies, Income vs. Expenses.
- The Obama anemic economy and high unemployment has resulted in $250B in less revenue since 2008.
- Growth in the economy alone will not balance the budget-spending cuts are a must.
- Entitlement programs–58% of the budget–is the fastest growing segment of our budget, rising 27% in just two years.
- ObamaCare is a new entitlement program that has yet to be costed into this chart.
- CBO says interest payments on debt will grow to $1 trillion in just 10 years.
- Spending cuts outside of Entitlement programs won’t be enough to balance the budget.