Heritage Action: Fleming: No More Obamacare
November 8, 2016
President Obama compared his failing health care law to a starter home that needs improvements. A few more major renovations and it should be good to go, or so he believes. The President even offered...Read More
Fleming Statement on FBI Re-opening Investigation into Hillary Clinton’s Emails
October 28, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Responding to the letter by FBI Director James Comey to Congressional Committee Chairmen about the FBI re-opening their investigation into Hillary Clinton’s emails, Congressman Flem...Read More
The Hayride | Fleming:Can Religious Liberty Survive?
October 27, 2016
The current iteration of the culture wars has moved from distrust harbored towards faith communities to direct attacks on them. As a long-time family practice physician, I have deep respect for the Hi...Read More
Fleming Receives “Taxpayers’ Friend Award” from National Taxpayers Union
October 24, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Fleming released the following statement after the National Taxpayers Union (NTU) awarded him an “A” in their 2015 Congressional rating for supporting responsible tax an...Read More
Contradictory Messages from the Obama Administration on Tax Increases:"You don't raise taxes in a recession.”
President Obama - August 5, 2009
“We have a Democratic president and administration that is prepared to sign a tough package that includes…a revenue component.”
President Obama - July 19, 2011
Former Obama Economic Guru admits Negative Effect of Tax Increases.
- In a study authored by Christina Roemer, Former Chair of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, found that even a tax increase of just 1% on the economy, would conversely have almost double a negative effect on the economy.
- If taxes went up just 1% - 1.84% would be taken out of the economy – hurting job growth and economic activity.
- To view the study – click HERE
Budget Growth at a Glance
- This chart is good summation of our fiscal picture.
- Note the size of the two pies, Income vs. Expenses.
- The Obama anemic economy and high unemployment has resulted in $250B in less revenue since 2008.
- Growth in the economy alone will not balance the budget-spending cuts are a must.
- Entitlement programs–58% of the budget–is the fastest growing segment of our budget, rising 27% in just two years.
- ObamaCare is a new entitlement program that has yet to be costed into this chart.
- CBO says interest payments on debt will grow to $1 trillion in just 10 years.
- Spending cuts outside of Entitlement programs won’t be enough to balance the budget.