Fleming Supports SAFE Act To Protect Americans
November 19, 2015
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after voting in favor of H.R. 4038, the American Security Against Foreign Enemies (SAFE) Act, which pauses the resettl...Read More
Fleming: What Will the Events in Paris Teach Us?
November 18, 2015
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement in light of recent attacks against Paris and Syrian refugees coming to Louisiana: “I join with many others in praying ...Read More
Fleming Fights Government Land Grab
November 9, 2015
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after the House Natural Resources subcommittee on Federal Lands held a hearing on H.R. 3342, to provide for the stabil...Read More
Fleming Applauds Northrop Grumman LRS-B Contract
October 28, 2015
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after the U.S. Air Force chose Northrop Grumman to build the new Long-Range Strike Bomber (LRS-B): “I applaud the Air ...Read More
Contradictory Messages from the Obama Administration on Tax Increases:"You don't raise taxes in a recession.”
President Obama - August 5, 2009
“We have a Democratic president and administration that is prepared to sign a tough package that includes…a revenue component.”
President Obama - July 19, 2011
Former Obama Economic Guru admits Negative Effect of Tax Increases.
- In a study authored by Christina Roemer, Former Chair of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, found that even a tax increase of just 1% on the economy, would conversely have almost double a negative effect on the economy.
- If taxes went up just 1% - 1.84% would be taken out of the economy – hurting job growth and economic activity.
- To view the study – click HERE
Budget Growth at a Glance
- This chart is good summation of our fiscal picture.
- Note the size of the two pies, Income vs. Expenses.
- The Obama anemic economy and high unemployment has resulted in $250B in less revenue since 2008.
- Growth in the economy alone will not balance the budget-spending cuts are a must.
- Entitlement programs–58% of the budget–is the fastest growing segment of our budget, rising 27% in just two years.
- ObamaCare is a new entitlement program that has yet to be costed into this chart.
- CBO says interest payments on debt will grow to $1 trillion in just 10 years.
- Spending cuts outside of Entitlement programs won’t be enough to balance the budget.