Shreveport Times: Faith-based organizations deliver good deeds
October 2, 2015
Men and women of faith toil tirelessly behind the scenes to better our community across Louisiana and the country. These generous individuals are the unsung heroes of our time, motivated by love rathe...Read More
Fleming Votes To Fund Military
October 1, 2015
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after voting for H.R. 1735, the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2016. “Today’s vote will ens...Read More
Fleming Votes Against Funding Planned Parenthood
September 30, 2015
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after raising fiscal concerns with and voting against a $1 trillion stop-gap measure to temporarily fund the governmen...Read More
Fleming Comments on Pope Francis’ Congressional Address
September 24, 2015
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after attending Pope Francis’ address to a Joint Session of Congress: “I commend Pope Francis’ admonition to protect l...Read More
Contradictory Messages from the Obama Administration on Tax Increases:"You don't raise taxes in a recession.”
President Obama - August 5, 2009
“We have a Democratic president and administration that is prepared to sign a tough package that includes…a revenue component.”
President Obama - July 19, 2011
Former Obama Economic Guru admits Negative Effect of Tax Increases.
- In a study authored by Christina Roemer, Former Chair of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, found that even a tax increase of just 1% on the economy, would conversely have almost double a negative effect on the economy.
- If taxes went up just 1% - 1.84% would be taken out of the economy – hurting job growth and economic activity.
- To view the study – click HERE
Budget Growth at a Glance
- This chart is good summation of our fiscal picture.
- Note the size of the two pies, Income vs. Expenses.
- The Obama anemic economy and high unemployment has resulted in $250B in less revenue since 2008.
- Growth in the economy alone will not balance the budget-spending cuts are a must.
- Entitlement programs–58% of the budget–is the fastest growing segment of our budget, rising 27% in just two years.
- ObamaCare is a new entitlement program that has yet to be costed into this chart.
- CBO says interest payments on debt will grow to $1 trillion in just 10 years.
- Spending cuts outside of Entitlement programs won’t be enough to balance the budget.