Fleming-Led Letter Demands No Transfer of Illegal Immigrants to Louisiana
July 18, 2014
Congressman John Fleming, M.D., released the following statement about a letter he sent to the Secretary of Homeland Security and the Secretary of Health and Human Services, that was also signed by Co...Read More
Fleming Blasts More Obama Administration Arrogance Toward Israel
July 10, 2014
Congressman John Fleming, M.D., released the following statement in response to remarks delivered in Israel by Philip Gordon, an advisor to President Obama on Middle East issues: “The Obama Administra...Read More
Hold line on preserving our freedoms.
July 2, 2014
Today, we celebrate independence. Today, we revel in our freedom. Today, we give thanks that the United States of America is a nation founded on liberty. Our country was established on the unalterable...Read More
Fleming: Supreme Court Got It Right
June 30, 2014
Congressman John Fleming, M.D., released the following statement after the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the religious liberty rights of family-owned businesses like Hobby Lobby and Conestoga Wood Special...Read More
Contradictory Messages from the Obama Administration on Tax Increases:"You don't raise taxes in a recession.”
President Obama - August 5, 2009
“We have a Democratic president and administration that is prepared to sign a tough package that includes…a revenue component.”
President Obama - July 19, 2011
Former Obama Economic Guru admits Negative Effect of Tax Increases.
- In a study authored by Christina Roemer, Former Chair of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, found that even a tax increase of just 1% on the economy, would conversely have almost double a negative effect on the economy.
- If taxes went up just 1% - 1.84% would be taken out of the economy – hurting job growth and economic activity.
- To view the study – click HERE
Budget Growth at a Glance
- This chart is good summation of our fiscal picture.
- Note the size of the two pies, Income vs. Expenses.
- The Obama anemic economy and high unemployment has resulted in $250B in less revenue since 2008.
- Growth in the economy alone will not balance the budget-spending cuts are a must.
- Entitlement programs–58% of the budget–is the fastest growing segment of our budget, rising 27% in just two years.
- ObamaCare is a new entitlement program that has yet to be costed into this chart.
- CBO says interest payments on debt will grow to $1 trillion in just 10 years.
- Spending cuts outside of Entitlement programs won’t be enough to balance the budget.