Fleming Urges Supreme Court to End Obamacare Attack on Religious Freedom
November 26, 2013
Congressman John Fleming, M.D., released the following statement after the U.S. Supreme Court announced today that it would hear two cases involving challenges to Obamacare’s HHS Mandate: “This is an ...Read More
Fleming Calls Out Obama for Omitting "Under God" from Gettysburg Address
November 19, 2013
Congressman John Fleming, M.D., released the following statement in response to President Obama’s recitation of President Abraham Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address: “Whether you learned the Gettysburg Addr...Read More
Fleming to Obama: Spare Us the "Apology," Keep Your Promise, Period
November 8, 2013
Congressman John Fleming, M.D., released the following statement about the the remarks President Obama made yesterday concerning Obamacare: “Mr. President, let’s start with the obvious: Louisianians w...Read More
MEDIA ADVISORY - Rep. John Fleming district schedule for 11/7/13 - 11/8/13
October 31, 2013
Congressman John Fleming, M.D., (LA-4) will take part in the following events, which are open to press, as he serves constituents during next week’s District Work Period (all times are local): Thursda...Read More
Contradictory Messages from the Obama Administration on Tax Increases:"You don't raise taxes in a recession.”
President Obama - August 5, 2009
“We have a Democratic president and administration that is prepared to sign a tough package that includes…a revenue component.”
President Obama - July 19, 2011
Former Obama Economic Guru admits Negative Effect of Tax Increases.
- In a study authored by Christina Roemer, Former Chair of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, found that even a tax increase of just 1% on the economy, would conversely have almost double a negative effect on the economy.
- If taxes went up just 1% - 1.84% would be taken out of the economy – hurting job growth and economic activity.
- To view the study – click HERE
Budget Growth at a Glance
- This chart is good summation of our fiscal picture.
- Note the size of the two pies, Income vs. Expenses.
- The Obama anemic economy and high unemployment has resulted in $250B in less revenue since 2008.
- Growth in the economy alone will not balance the budget-spending cuts are a must.
- Entitlement programs–58% of the budget–is the fastest growing segment of our budget, rising 27% in just two years.
- ObamaCare is a new entitlement program that has yet to be costed into this chart.
- CBO says interest payments on debt will grow to $1 trillion in just 10 years.
- Spending cuts outside of Entitlement programs won’t be enough to balance the budget.