Fleming Joins as Original Co-sponsor to Bill Reversing President's Dangerous Troop Cuts
February 12, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after joining as an original co-sponsor of a bill introduced by Rep. Chris Gibson (R-NY) and Mike Turner (R-OH) to end...Read More
Fleming: Administration Prioritizing Climate Change Above National Security
February 10, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after learning that the Pentagon has ordered combatant commanders to focus on the President's green agenda instead of ...Read More
Fleming: Obama Flunks His Last Budget
February 10, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. made the following statement after the President released his Fiscal year (FY) 2017 Budget: “Not surprisingly, the President’s $4 trillion budget propo...Read More
Fleming Supports Israel Through Co-Sponsorships
February 8, 2016
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after co-sponsoring several pieces of legislation to support Israel and its sovereignty. These new co-sponsorships bu...Read More
Contradictory Messages from the Obama Administration on Tax Increases:"You don't raise taxes in a recession.”
President Obama - August 5, 2009
“We have a Democratic president and administration that is prepared to sign a tough package that includes…a revenue component.”
President Obama - July 19, 2011
Former Obama Economic Guru admits Negative Effect of Tax Increases.
- In a study authored by Christina Roemer, Former Chair of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, found that even a tax increase of just 1% on the economy, would conversely have almost double a negative effect on the economy.
- If taxes went up just 1% - 1.84% would be taken out of the economy – hurting job growth and economic activity.
- To view the study – click HERE
Budget Growth at a Glance
- This chart is good summation of our fiscal picture.
- Note the size of the two pies, Income vs. Expenses.
- The Obama anemic economy and high unemployment has resulted in $250B in less revenue since 2008.
- Growth in the economy alone will not balance the budget-spending cuts are a must.
- Entitlement programs–58% of the budget–is the fastest growing segment of our budget, rising 27% in just two years.
- ObamaCare is a new entitlement program that has yet to be costed into this chart.
- CBO says interest payments on debt will grow to $1 trillion in just 10 years.
- Spending cuts outside of Entitlement programs won’t be enough to balance the budget.