Dr. Fleming named new Co-Chair for GOP Doctors Caucus
October 17, 2014
Following the upcoming retirement of current GOP Doctors Caucus Co-Chair Rep. Phil Gingrey, Rep. John Fleming will join Rep. Phil Roe in leading the group. The Congressmen made the following remarks r...Read More
Obama Ebola Response Goes From Bad to Worse
October 17, 2014
“Leave it to President Obama to put a liberal political activist in charge of the administration’s Ebola response. If reports are true, his so-called Ebola Czar will be someone with no medical backgro...Read More
Fleming and Gosar Want Congress Back in Washington to Take Up Ebola Travel Ban
October 16, 2014
Congressman John Fleming, M.D. (Louisiana), and Congressman Paul Gosar, D.D.S., (Arizona) released the following statement calling on Congress to return to Washington to debate a travel ban from the c...Read More
Fleming-Led Letter Demands No Transfer of Illegal Immigrants to Louisiana
July 18, 2014
Congressman John Fleming, M.D., released the following statement about a letter he sent to the Secretary of Homeland Security and the Secretary of Health and Human Services, that was also signed by Co...Read More
Contradictory Messages from the Obama Administration on Tax Increases:"You don't raise taxes in a recession.”
President Obama - August 5, 2009
“We have a Democratic president and administration that is prepared to sign a tough package that includes…a revenue component.”
President Obama - July 19, 2011
Former Obama Economic Guru admits Negative Effect of Tax Increases.
- In a study authored by Christina Roemer, Former Chair of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, found that even a tax increase of just 1% on the economy, would conversely have almost double a negative effect on the economy.
- If taxes went up just 1% - 1.84% would be taken out of the economy – hurting job growth and economic activity.
- To view the study – click HERE
Budget Growth at a Glance
- This chart is good summation of our fiscal picture.
- Note the size of the two pies, Income vs. Expenses.
- The Obama anemic economy and high unemployment has resulted in $250B in less revenue since 2008.
- Growth in the economy alone will not balance the budget-spending cuts are a must.
- Entitlement programs–58% of the budget–is the fastest growing segment of our budget, rising 27% in just two years.
- ObamaCare is a new entitlement program that has yet to be costed into this chart.
- CBO says interest payments on debt will grow to $1 trillion in just 10 years.
- Spending cuts outside of Entitlement programs won’t be enough to balance the budget.