Fleming Outlines Necessary Requirements for Iran Nuclear Deal
June 29, 2015
Fleming Outlines Necessary Requirements for Iran Nuclear Deal “Any deal the United States agrees to must ensure minimum requirements concerning the safety of Israel, our allies in the Middle East, and...Read More
Fleming: Traditional Marriage Still Best For Children & Society
June 26, 2015
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled to overturn state laws that define marriage as between a man and a woman: “I am gre...Read More
Fleming: SCOTUS Decision is Unheard of Reinterpretation of Federal Law
June 25, 2015
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after the Supreme Court ruled that all Americans are eligible for Obamacare subsidies whether they signed up through a...Read More
Fleming Responds to Red River Flooding
June 9, 2015
WASHINGTON, D.C. –Congressman John Fleming, M.D. released the following statement after attending a briefing on Monday, June 8 at the Caddo EOC to receive an update on the Red River flooding: “While t...Read More
Contradictory Messages from the Obama Administration on Tax Increases:"You don't raise taxes in a recession.”
President Obama - August 5, 2009
“We have a Democratic president and administration that is prepared to sign a tough package that includes…a revenue component.”
President Obama - July 19, 2011
Former Obama Economic Guru admits Negative Effect of Tax Increases.
- In a study authored by Christina Roemer, Former Chair of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisors, found that even a tax increase of just 1% on the economy, would conversely have almost double a negative effect on the economy.
- If taxes went up just 1% - 1.84% would be taken out of the economy – hurting job growth and economic activity.
- To view the study – click HERE
Budget Growth at a Glance
- This chart is good summation of our fiscal picture.
- Note the size of the two pies, Income vs. Expenses.
- The Obama anemic economy and high unemployment has resulted in $250B in less revenue since 2008.
- Growth in the economy alone will not balance the budget-spending cuts are a must.
- Entitlement programs–58% of the budget–is the fastest growing segment of our budget, rising 27% in just two years.
- ObamaCare is a new entitlement program that has yet to be costed into this chart.
- CBO says interest payments on debt will grow to $1 trillion in just 10 years.
- Spending cuts outside of Entitlement programs won’t be enough to balance the budget.